The Chinese Community Cancer Information Center (CCCIC) is a private, non-profit center sponsored by the Chinese Community Cancer Advisory Committee of the American Cancer Society, Chinese Community Health Care Association, Chinese Community Health Plan, and Chinese Hospital. The Center's primary mission is to serve the Chinese community in San Francisco, in both Cantonese and Mandarin.
The Center provides the following services:
- Information concerning specific kinds of cancer and the available treatment options. Many of our pamphlets and booklets are available in both English and Chinese.
- Transportation to and from radiation or chemotherapy treatments can be arranged for financially eligible San Francisco patients.
- Look Good, Feel Better Program to help patients with make-up, wigs and scarves during treatment.
- Advice on how to counter cancer treatment's effect on physical appearance.
- Education programs, including smoking cessation, nutrition, breast health, prostate cancer, and others.
Support groups in Cantonese and Mandarin
Donaldina Cameron House
Chinese Christian Herald Crusades
American Cancer Society Northern California Chinese Unit
- Information on additional resources for cancer patients and their families.
Most of these services are free but some are available only to patients who are financially eligible. Referrals may be made by patients themselves, their families, personal physicians, or other health professionals. For more information, please contact